Teacher of Philosophy and Theory of Knowledge (Sixth Form)
St. Edward’s College is seeking to employ a full-time Philosophy and TOK teacher for the scholastic year 2023 / 2024.
By the closing date and time of this call for application, applicants must be:
- Proficient in the English Language. Due consideration will be given to candidates who are also proficient in the Maltese Language; AND
- In possession of a B.Ed, MTL, or equivalent at MQF Level 6 or higher in the subject area; AND/OR
- In possession of a recognized, relevant qualification at MQF Level 6 (subject to a minimum of 180 ECTS/ECVET credits or equivalent), AND a recognized qualification in pedagogy at MQF Level 6 (subject to a minimum of 60 ECTS/ECVET credits or the equivalent of which a minimum of 18ECTS/ECVET should comprise teaching practice/relevant school experience)
- a professional comparable qualification in the subject/area applied for
- Teaching experience will be considered an asset.
Orientation and training on school systems and procedures will be given to the successful applicants. At St. Edward’s College, we have a commitment to personal and professional development, a child protection policy, and a zero-tolerance approach to child abuse and harm.
Full applications are to be sent by email to: [email protected] and should include: an updated CV; a detailed and formal transcript of studies for the qualifications referred to in the CV; two reference letters and a motivation letter in one PDF file.