The Resurrection – Easter Story
The resurrection of Jesus gives us hope that when we die, God will raise us up
to new life. We believe we will live forever with Jesus in the Kingdom of heaven.
We believe the Risen Jesus is always close to us. His Spirit is alive within us and
he is looking after us. Also, if we believe in him, he offers deep inner peace. He
is the Way, the Truth and the Life for us (Jn 14:6).
If you follow these instructions, step by step, you will have created your own Resurrection garden ready to display in your home for the Easter period.
List of equipment:
For this craft you will need:
- Terra Cotta plant saucer (any size will work)
- Small Terra Cotta pot
- Large rock
- Small rocks
- Potting soil
- Grass seed Small twigs / Lolli-pop sticks
- Hot glue / gun / Glue stick / sticky tape
- Firstly, get together your equipment. Top tip: put down newspaper or work on a tray to avoid making a mess.
- Take your plant saucer and place it on your workstation.
- Next, get the soil and carefully fill the plant saucer. Top tip: do not fill above the lip (the rim of the plant saucer).
- Now get your plant pot and place it on its side towards the front of your plant saucer.
- Using the remaining soil, build a hill behind the plant pot.
- Then, take the largest stone and place it in front of the plant pot, slightly off to the side. The stone represents the tomb door having been left open when Jesus rose from the dead.
- Next, take your smaller rocks, place them around the front of the plant saucer. (see the picture above for guidance on position of the smaller rocks).
- Take the grass seeds and gently sprinkle them across your hill. Do not put too many seeds in one place. Once you have completed this, use your fingers to gently press the seeds into the soil.
- Use a small amount of water and drizzle it over the seeds. Do not use too much.
- When you have completed the three crosses, place them into the soil on the hill behind the tomb.
Method for Making the Crosses:
- Take 2 of the lollipop sticks or 2 cocktail sticks. You need to arrange them in a cross shape (see below).
- Use glue to glue the sticks or you can stick them together using tape or string.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 three times to make three crosses.